Renewal has always been central to the work of City Mission. Now, in response to the many new challenges sweeping Southwestern Pennsylvania—increasing homeless populations, an epidemic of opioid addiction, and fewer federal and state resources funneled to existing homeless programs—the Mission is embarking on a 4-year campaign to renew the five pillars of our ministry to the homeless.
Through each of the five Capital Campaign initiatives, City Mission will become better able to help our homeless neighbors become fully-functional, working members of our community.
We receive less than 2% of our overall budget from state and federal monies. For 77 years, City Mission has kept its doors open and expanded its services through the help of the people, churches, local groups and corporations of our region.
And we need your help again.
Our goal is 11.2 million dollars. With God’s help, we have already raised 5.9 million. Can you help us raise another 5.3 million to give a hand up were no hand has been extended, to give faith where faith has long been discarded, to give transformed life where all hope of change is gone beyond recall? We can assure you—because we see it time and time again—that providing a comprehensive set of solutions through dedicated care providers in well-maintained, well-run facilities can eliminate the most entrenched, intractable problems of homelessness.
5.3 million still needed
- 5.9 million raised
- 5.3 million still needed
Goal 11.2 million
Raised 5.9 million
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN PROJECTS
New Men’s Shelter with Kitchen and Dining Facility
3 million dollars
Have raised 2.5 Million. Need an additional 500K.
Please call 724-705-7122 to come for a visit or tour
New Programs Building/Chapel
1.7 million dollars
This facility offers the new, state-of-the-art Ansys Career Training and Education Center
Avis Arbor Women with Children’s Shelter Renovation
1.2 million dollars
Have raised $668,000. Need to raise $645,000 more to complete.
We are doubling this facility’s capacity to serve women with children. Last year, we turned away 257 women and 88 children due to lack of space.
"Patriot House" Homeless Veterans Shelter/Residence
2.7 million dollars
Have raised $922,000. Need to raise 1.8 M more to complete.
Will provide 22 homeless veterans with the help they need rebuild their lives.
Vocational Training Center
2.6 million dollars
Have raised $500,000. Need to raise 2.1M to complete.
The beating heart of our Work Therapy program. Will help our residents learn resume-building skills.
Need 255K. Last project in, to make the City Mission attractive and welcoming.
Will feature a large pavilion for visiting families, a lighted flagpole, landscaped areas and parking lots for easy access.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Give a financial gift. You can do this through our website today by designating your gift to Capital Campaign on our donation page. Click here to donate now.
- Make a pledge to give an amount over the next 4 years. Call us at 724-507-5122 and we will promptly mail you a Capital Campaign Pledge Card.
- Hold a City Mission Capital Campaign fundraiser for any of the projects that still need funding. Designate exactly where you want that funding to go—the Patriot House Shelter for Homeless Veterans, for example.
- Give the proceeds of your charitable event to City Mission’s Capital Campaign.
- Invite us to give a short presentation on our Capital Campaign to your corporation, church, or group.
- Volunteer to serve on our Capital Campaign Fundraising Committee.
- Introduce us to individuals whom you know might be interested in donating to the Capital Campaign.