City Mission is grateful to accept the donation of your excess items. We accept clothing, shoes/boots, clothing accessories, decorative accessories, electronics, furniture, household goods, jewelry, small & large appliances, sports equipment, tools, toys, books, records, DVD’s, video games and board games.
If you’re not sure about whether we accept an item or not, please give us a call at (724) 222-8530 ext. 211.
- Clothing: new & gently used men, women and children’s clothing, coats, shoes/boots
- Clothing Accessories: new & gently used belts, backpacks, duffel bags, gloves, hats, handbags, luggage, pocket books, purses, scarves, sports bags, ties & wallets
- Decorative Accessories: clocks, decorative plates/platters, figurines, furniture accents, lamps, mirrors w/ frames only, pictures/wall art, pillows/throws & holiday décor
- Electronics: cameras, cell phones, CD/DVD/VCR players, electric shavers, E-tablets, gaming systems, hair dryers, hair straighteners, headphones, iPads, iPods, Kindles, laptops, radios, speakers & turntables
- Exercise Equipment: ONLY upon City Mission APPROVAL
- Furniture: couches, love seats, chairs, ottomans, kitchen & dining room tables/chairs & bedroom furnishings. Large items must be approved by City Mission; if you have a large number of items to donate a house visit will be scheduled prior to pick-up
- Household Goods: kitchen items, pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses & silverware
- Large Appliances: electric dryers, portable dishwashers, refrigerators, residential window air conditioning units & electric stoves. Must be in good working condition
- Small Appliances: blenders, coffee makers, electric grills, food processors, fryers, microwaves, mixers, slow cookers, toasters & toaster ovens. Please mark small appliances not in good working condition for recycling
- Sports Equipment
- Tools: hand tools & power tools
- Toys: new & gently used
- Books, CD’s, Records & DVD/VHS movies
- Video Games & Board Games (complete & incomplete)
Items NOT Accepted
- Batteries (alkaline/automotive), built-in Appliances, Carpeting, Car Seats, Paint, Computers/Monitors, Copiers, gas Dryers, Dictionaries/Encyclopedias/Magazines/ Text Books, Entertainment Centers (made of pressed wood/particle board), damaged Furniture (stained fabric, excessive wear, damaged covering, excessive pet hair or in need of repairs), large Foosball & Pool Tables, Mattresses, Mirrors w/ no frames, Box Springs, Gas Stoves, Organs, Pianos, Tires, Toilets, Sinks, Vanities & TV’s.
Donation Pick Up
City Mission trucks primarily pick up furniture although there are exceptions. We encourage all clothing & shoes donations to be dropped off at a donation box. All other donations, including clothing & shoes, can be dropped off at a Hidden Treasures Thrift store. To schedule a pick up and to find out if we are currently serving your area, please call us at (724) 222-8530 extension 211.
We are accepting your donations at any of our Hidden Treasures Thrift Stores. Check your nearest location and store hours here.
For bulk drop off, including furniture and appliances, please drop off at our Donation Center during business hours only:
1000 Sheffield Street
Washington PA 15301
Enter through gate at 1000 Sheffield St. Inside the lot, drop off entrance is to the right of the building. Look for the entrance “B” sign.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.