Because City Mission strives to bring hope to anyone experiencing hardship in our region, we extend our reach beyond our doors. Through our Samaritan Care Center, the WeCare Street Outreach Program, and the Shelter+Care Supportive Housing Program we extend our hands to those in need in our community.
Samaritan Care Center
Provides supportive services to individuals and families who qualify as low-income in our community. Also, provides support services to City Mission residents both during their stay and upon exit to independent living.
Assistance Provided Includes:
- Food – People may shop for food when needed, up to twice per month.
- Clothing – People may receive clothing gift certificates for use in any of City Mission’s Hidden Treasures stores, up to once per month.
- Furniture – People may receive furniture, through City Mission donations, as needed when moving into independent living and in crisis situations
- Monthly Special Events – Seasonal family gatherings & special assistance throughout the year, Ex. Back to School Picnic with free backpacks and school supplies for those who qualify, Christmas gifts, Birthday gifts for children, etc.
- Community Education Sessions – (More details to come.)
Samaritan Care hours for Food Distribution and for Furniture and Clothing Vouchers are:
Food and Clothing Assistance
Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
84 W. Wheeling Street
Washington, PA 15301
Fridays 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
1000 Sheffield Street, Washington, PA 15301
WeCare Street Outreach
Volunteer physicians provide mobile medical care to individuals experiencing street homelessness.
Shelter+Care Supportive Housing Program
A federally HUD-funded Supportive Housing Program (SHP). Provides scattered-site housing in private market rental units in the community to individuals who have histories of chronic homelessness and disabilities. The program’s aim is to support tenants in maintaining their housing stability with the support of a City Mission case manager and Samaritan Care services, and by coordinating external supportive services as needed.